The truffle has been seen as a delicacy for centuries. Whether it be the Black truffle of Italy or the White truffle from France, truffles have always been seen as something that you could only find in the top restaurants during truffle season which runs from mid-September through December for White Truffles and November through February for the Black Truffle. But now with our Spuntino Truffle Oil you can create your own masterpieces at home.
@aldentediva on Instagram has created her own version of our famous truffle fries by using our Truffle Oil as a final drizzle to her homemade Parmesan fries.
You can use her method of drizzling our oil for flavor on veggies and meat dishes alike! But besides just a final touch to make a spectacular dish you can also use our truffle oil as a way to make the perfect mac and cheese! @longislandfoodsavage on Instagram created their own truffle macaroni and cheese which is one of the biggest crowd pleasers of all time!
Make your own truffle mac and cheese with our spectacular truffle oil for yourself with the recipe below!
- 16 oz elbow macaroni, cooked (or other tubular pasta)
- 1 TBSP Spuntino Truffle Oil
- 6 TBSP Unsalted Butter
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 cups Gruyere cheese shredded salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 4 TBSP butter melted
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/4 TSP. Smoked Paprika (or regular)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter large baking dish with melted butter.
- Bring large pot of lightly salted water to a boil and cook macaroni until al dente (about 7 1/2 minutes) Drain.
- Melt unsalted butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Incorporate flour until a paste-like consistency is formed.
- Slowly whisk in 2 cups of whole milk and stir until smooth. Add remaining milk and heavy cream, increase heat and whisk constantly until mixture is thick and almost boiling.
- Stir Gruyere and cheddar cheese into the milk mixture until melted.
- Add truffle oil and fold cheese mixture into macaroni. Add Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Add mixture to baking dish, top with breadcrumbs, Parmesan, & paprika, and bake until gold brown and bubbling (about 30 minutes)
- Cool for 10 minutes and enjoy as a side or as your own special meal!